Tuesday, December 2, 2014

This morning I awoke to find this email waiting for me.  I hesitated all day about sharing it here because of how people would perceive me..."Ugh, I am so over Tara's sharing her happy s*&#...enough already..."  Lots of different thoughts ran through my head.  But in the end I have to be me and do me and not worry about reactions.  I share because Patti's email touched me deeply and is an illustration of why small connections can do.  You never know where a brief connection will lead or how it will affect you & the person on the other side.  It could last all of 30 seconds or it could linger for a lifetime.  It doesn't take much to give of your time.  At times

I am so overwhelmed by the kindnesses you showed me as I trained and as I walked on the marathon.  I was so blown away when you called out to me.  Just cried and cried at how kindness reaches out in all sorts of ways in our world. 

I believe that you have a strong connective gift.  I think that is your gift to this world.  I am sure that you are figuring out ways to connect us all.  I think it is easy to be lonely or isolated or feel that we don't have people in this life that we can find similarities with.  You are such an example of someone who doesn't operate that way - who makes a choice!

Thank you so much again.  Would love to stay connected in some way with you - and also, do you have a copy of those pictures - would love to show my daughters that this was me at almost one more mile to go - and also this was an amazing woman who met me on my first try at the marathon route as I started to really practice who made me laugh and encouraged me to keep going!  And look what happened - we met each other again at the race - and we both finished!  I came in 72 our of 74! 


No comments:

Post a Comment